Monday, May 31, 2004

31 May, Monday: Today is a bank holiday. Another three day weekend. One of the many reasons I love the UK. I basically finished my packing. Left one box open for last minute bits and bobs (another expression I picked up here). Finished up all my laundry save one load, which I’ll do Tuesday night or Wednesday morning prior to leaving.

Tomorrow at 8:30 AM, Aces Couriers will pick up my seven boxes and transport them to the office. Then my flat will be just like one of those extended-stay hotel suites. But that’s okay. Tomorrow night I can play Scrabble guilt free. Well, maybe not guilt-free, but at least less guiltily. I like having a guilty pleasure.

Even the word pleasure isn’t the right word. I’ve been losing so much that I’d have to be masochistic to really feel pleasure in that. Of course, like with most games, the more you play the better you get. For example, I’d forgotten that xi is a legal word. Really comes in handy when you get the x toward the end of the game.

I couldn’t sleep so I watched the late version of Big Brother. It’s such a major thing here that there’s even a BBLB (Big Brother’s Little Brother), a daily show that keeps people up on the gossip and happenings. As a reality show junkie, I’m lovin’ that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home